Retirement Course Offerings
Social Security Claiming Strategies
When to begin collecting Social Security retirement benefits may be the single most important decision a retiree makes. In this one-hour class we will discuss:
- The five most costly mistakes most people make regarding social security
- When is the best time to begin collecting?
- How much will you receive and does it ever pay to delay the start date?
- Can you continue to work and still collect retirement benefits?
- The three little known claiming strategies that can significanly boost your bottom line for life
- The secret weapon for maximizing retirement benefits - your spouse
Investment Planning for Retirement
Your investment planning mindset needs to change dramatically as you near retirement. In this one-hour session, we will discuss:
- Why lifelong conventional investment strategies may no longer be appropriate in retirement
- Why retirement investment planning should be "all about the income"
- Sequence of return risk - what if I retire into a protracted down market?
- Which of my investment accounts does it make sense to tap into first?
- What is my "number" and how do I calculate it?
Estate Planning Basics - The End Game
Contrary to popular belief, estate planning is not just for the rich. It's about everything you own and everyone you love. In this one-hour session, we will discuss:
- The four most common estate planning mistakes
- Will vs. Living Trust - which will work best for me?
- The role of the Power of Attorney, Health Care Directive and Living Will in estate planning
- Jointly titled accounts - are they always the best way to go?
- IRA Beneficiary designations and the unintended problems they can create
- The taxation of IRAs and life insurance during lifetime and at death
For Our Upcoming Class Schedule and To Register Now