Safety of Client Assets
The safety of client assets is our #1 priority
The safety of our client’s assets is our #1 priority, so we selected Pershing LLC – a subsidiary of The Bank of New York Mellon as our custodian for client brokerage account assets. Consider some of the many advantages:
- Pershing’s parent company, The Bank of New York Mellon, is the world’s largest custodial bank with over $33 trillion in assets under custody and a top, global asset management firm with nearly $2 trillion in assets under management.
- As an introducing broker-dealer, Nationwide Planning does not hold client assets. All client brokerage assets are held at Pershing (or at approved third party money managers).
- To further protect your assets, Pershing provides excess SIPC coverage that goes beyond normal SIPC limits.
Pershing has won many awards and recognitions:
- Ranked the #1 US Clearing Firm from 2008 through 2017 (by “Investment News”) and is one of the world’s strongest global financial institutions.
- Rated as having the #1 client brokerage statement, ranked among independent broker-dealers (DALBAR, Inc., 2009 through 2017).
- Pershing won BISA Technology Innovation Award, which recognizes leadership in the advancement of the financial services industry's products, services and platforms through technology innovation.
Important Facts About Pershing’s Parent Company — BNY Mellon:
- Best in Collateral Management (Triple A Asset Servicing Awards, The Asset 2017)
- #1 Versus Peers - The Experts, Rest of the World, Banks (R&M, globocustody.net, Investor Services Survey, 2017)
- Best Private Bank in the U.S. for Customer Service (Financial Times Publications PWM/The Banker, 2017)
Other Related Topics...